Purchasing a VPS plan indicates that you want a virtual server environment of your own. Every physical server will host various VPS customers but all of them will have dedicated resources. This feature of VPS makes it better than a shared hosting service.
Top 10 Hosting Provider in India
What is VPS Web Hosting?
VPS (Virtual Private Server) web hosting is a form of hosting tailored for people who have outgrown shared hosting. Several sites exist on a single shared hosting web server and have no resource guarantee.
VPS allows fewer users to share reserved segments of hard disc space, memory, and processing power.
Each user on a VPS server has access to a virtual machine running his own copy of an operating system (OS). This enables VPS hosting users to enjoy equivalent functionality and performance on a dedicated server for their pages.
How Much Does VPS Hosting Cost?
As a result of the hybrid nature of VPS hosting, the expense is not as low as shared host fees, but it is not quite as high as dedicated host fees. Depending on the setup, the price ranges between $5 a month to $100 per month.
Most VPS hosts only sell servers running Linux-based operating systems; you need to search a little to find Windows-based VPS hosting. This is important to remember if you’re planning to run software that needs a Microsoft-compatible environment.
That said, Linux-based VPS hosting will save you a couple of bucks; Linux servers typically cost $10 to $20 less than Windows servers.
VPS Hosting Features
1. Scalable Hosting and Guaranteed Resources
It is also said that scalable systems are favored in business environments. With VPS hosting services, you can scale your website. Scalability refers to the ability to manage sudden, expanded workloads on a server, usually by utilizing redundant system resources.
If the company is in hyper-growth mode or needs to handle an increasing number of workloads, VPS means that you can scale to success.
One of the VPS hosting package’s key features is that it is set up such that it has a dedicated allocation of resources. The VPS approach is suitable for guaranteeing a stable service at a fair price. Flexibility in selecting enough disk space and storage, monthly data transfers, and guaranteed RAM
2. SSH Root Access
VPS provides dedicated server-like uses and functions that allow root access to give you the power to run different operating systems, install programs, and handle reselling services.
3. Multiple choice of OS and Packages
You have the choice to pick between Windows or Linux VPS hosting. Before choosing a VPS hosting provider, however, it is advisable to learn which type of VPS environment you will need to run your applications: Windows or Linux. Linux hosts a totally different feature than Windows, but it definitely has its own advantages. If you are running Python, PERL, or Ruby scripts, Linux is your favorite environment.
The Windows environment is a better fit for a job if you are working on PHP or ASP.net.
VPS hosting is high-speed and reliable; this is a major factor that businesses choose shared hosting. Since your own bandwidth is delegated to you, you get more stable results than a dedicated server.
Managed and Unmanaged VPS
1. Managed VPS
A Managed VPS is defined as a virtual private server that helps you to take a hands-off approach. Your hosting provider will take care of the technical side and ensure that the VPS has the features and virus and spam security you need without any effort on your behalf. They can also perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrading software, saving you time and ensuring the job is completed with expertise.
2. Unmanaged VPS
Unmanaged VPS is a self-managed VPS, indicating a virtual private server that a company manages by itself. The hosting provider is responsible for supplying the VPS, servicing the hardware, and performing system-level health checks. Still, the VPS user carries out the majority of the maintenance, tracking, and modification.
Pros and Cons of VPS
- A VPS hosting account is cheaper than a dedicated one.
- Many VPS plans can be personalized, and you only need to pay for the functionality you need.
- Using VPS means partitioned resources such as CPU and bandwidth, so your sharers won’t influence you much.
- Fewer people use the same server – relative to shared web hosting; more bandwidth can be dedicated to the website.
- You will get more power to customize the server using virtualization software.
- More costly than shared hosting: although fewer people use the same server, you need to pay more. This is the biggest downside from a financial point of view.
- Setting up a server requires more professional expertise. Compared to dedicated hosting, VPS hosting is less demanding for users and requires some technical expertise in running the server.
- You don’t have overall control of your server. Compared to dedicated hosting, VPS hosting users do not have complete control of their environment.
- Your resources are not distributed correctly. This is because your web host might have sold out the room. It can trigger server problems that impact all other sites on that server. But you should know how many virtual accounts are hosted on your server at one time.
Best VPS Providers of 2020
- Admin tier– five accounts at the cost of $20 per month.
- Pro tier– thirty accounts at the cost of $30 per month.
- Premier tier– hundred accounts at the cost of $45 per month.
- Every account hosted after a hundred will cost $0.20 each.
Cloudcone is a stack of cloud services that collaborate to produce a reliable and efficient foundation for your online presence—managed entirely by friendly humans.
CloudCone’s network is completely redundant. It utilizes multiple backup systems to ensure that your website doesn’t go down; it instantly swaps network operations upon the redundant infrastructure while network downtime occurs. It is an excellent choice, particularly for medium to large-sized businesses that need custom configurations. It’s redundancy, pricing model, and security features look worthwhile.
- 2GB plan will be $0.03 per hour
- The estimated cost per month will be $21.9
DigitalOcean is a technical hosting provider equipped with advanced users, proposing myriad customizable options. However, there’s no need to understand all the jargon to make great use of the provider as they have some beginner-friendly options. Advanced users can still make the best use of everything they offer. It is an exceptional, all-encompassing solution that can meet everyone’s needs.
- $10 per month
- Processor- 1 Crore
- Storage- 25GB
- Bandwidth- 1TB
- $22 per month
- Processor- 1 Crore
- Storage- 50GB
- Bandwidth- 2TB
- $42 per month
- Processor- 2 Crore
- Storage- 80GB
- Bandwidth- 4TB
- $80 per month
- Processor- 4 Crore
- Storage- 160 GB
- Bandwidth- 5 TB
There are many things to like about Cloudways. The service has adjustable cloud hosting plans, quick setup times, top-notch web-based customer care, and excellent uptime. It’s a company that you can count on in order to keep up your site. It leverages robust servers to deliver affordable and powerful web hosting.
- Cloud compute at $2.50 per month
- Bare metal at $ 120 per month
- Block storage at $1 per month
- Dedicated cloud at $60 per month
Its aim is to create the most reliable and efficient service for starting a blazing speedy SSD cloud server. It offers 100% solid-state drives (SSD) utilizing the newest generation Intel CPUs on a feature-rich control panel. Sign up for Vultr, and they’ll add $5 to your account for you to try their cloud hosting platform.
- Regular monthly rate
- Ecosite lite- $9.95
- Ecosite pro- $14.95
- Ecosite premium- $24.95
- 12 months term
- Ecosite lite- $4.95
- Ecosite pro- $7.95
- Ecosite premium- $13.95
- 24 months term
- Ecosite lite- $3.95
- Ecosite pro- $6.95
- Ecosite premium- $12.95
- 36 months term
- Ecosite lite- $2.95
- Ecosite pro- $5.95
- Ecosite premium- $11.95
They offer an extraordinary amount of features for a surprisingly cheap price. They provide everything you require to build a secure website, whether you’re a developer, blogger, or an owner of a growing business.
It is environmentally friendly by balancing 300% of the carbon from the energy they use. They even have a substantial section of budget-friendly hosting plans, which include WordPress optimized plans.