|Launching Date||1st July 2015|
|Government Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Launched By||Narendra Modi|
Digital India was launched by PM Narendra Modi on July 1st, 2015, in order to make government services available to citizens electronically by online infrastructure development and also by improving internet connectivity.
What is Digital India?
Digital India is an aspiring program of the Government of India proposed at Rs 1,13,000 crores. This will be for preparing India for the knowledge-based transformation and will also deliver good governance to citizens by co-ordinated engagement with both the Central Government and State Government.
The vision of Digital India
To develop the country into a digitally empowered society as well as a knowledge economy. It ensures that the services of the government are available to citizens electronically. It would also bring in public liability through mandated delivery of the services of the government electronically.
Advantages of Digital India
1] Infrastructure as a utility to each citizen
- High-speed internet will be made available in all the gram panchayats
- Mobile and Bank account would allow participation in digital and financial space at an individual level
- Access to the public service center within their locality will be made easy
- Shareable private space on a public cloud
- Safe and reliable cyberspace in the country.
2] Governance and services on demand
- Single window access to each and every person by integrating departments or jurisdictions
- Availability of government services in mobile and online platforms
- Government services to be digitally converted for improving ease of making business
3] Digital Empowerment of citizens
- Universal digital literacy
- All digital resources globally available
- All government documents to be accessible on the Cloud
- Availability of digital resources in all Indian languages
- Collaborative digital platforms for participative governance
4] Removal of the black economy
- All the online transaction can be observed on a regular basis easily
- Each payment made by a customer to any merchant will be registered
- No illegal transactions
- Impossible for people to hide their money
5] Increase in Revenue
- Monitoring the sales and taxes has become much more comfortable
- Customers get a bill for every purchase that they make
- Merchants cannot escape from paying tax to the government
- Growth of the overall economic status of the country.
6] Empowerment to the people
- The government can transfer the subsidies to the Aadhaar-linked bank accounts of people directly
- People do not have to wait to receive the incentives that they are bound to obtain from the government
7] Paves the way to E-governance
- E-governance is a huge bonus point for all the citizens
- Quicker and safer when compared to traditional governance
- You can now receive anything from your birth certificate to death certificate immediately
- Useful for people to access the information they need on the go
- The National e-Governance Plan is an initiative to make all government services possible to India’s citizens through electronic media.
There is even a current job opening with them; you can check this website
8] Creation of new jobs
With the initiative of Digital India, there have been various ways to enhance job opportunities in new markets and to increase employment opportunities in current markets.
Digital India registration eligibility
- Should be a citizen of India
- Must process the computer knowledge test
- Aadhar card process
- Aadhar card has to be linked with your bank account
- Must possess a personal laptop or computer with internet access
You can register at the Digital India portal
Digital India project for students
Digital India can be an excellent step for the educational sector as it completely transforms India into a digitally empowered society.
These initiatives include e-education, e-Basta, Nand Ghar, which provide education through technology.
Digital Payment and BHIM apps
BHIM, i.e., Bharat Interface for Money, is a payment app that allows you to make simple and quick transactions by Unified Payments Interface (UPI). You can now make direct bank payments on UPI by using their UPI ID or scanning their QR code with the BHIM app. You can also request money through the app.
- Developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
- Based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- Initial release was on 30 December 2016
INDIAai is the central hub for everything in India and beyond. The National AI Portal of India creates and nurtures a unified AI ecosystem to drive perfection and leadership in knowledge creation and AI to promote economic growth.
- It is a joint venture by MEITY, NASSCOM and NEGD
- The portal was inaugurated on May 30th 2020 by Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Central hub for everything AI in India.
Digilocker and UMANG
DigiLocker services are integrated into UMANG to minimize paper use and provide anytime and anywhere, authentic and secure access to documents.
- Developed by the Government of India
- The initial release was on November 2017
- It is available in 13 languages in India
The social media links of Digital India are given below