Mobile devices are driving sales and demand in the companies online. Recently, Google started its own certification for mobile web design which is comparable to most college courses.
Google known as Alphabet Inc. provides certification for multiple fields such as Google Adwords for Marketing Associates, Google Analytics for managers and Google Developer for people that like to code.
Google just rolled out a lengthy exam and training for the course. Google is known for its tough exam for courses it rolls out. For example, a person who is studying for days for the Google Adwords exams can still fail the exam after two attempts. Some questions are not related to the reading materials. They commonly ask questions that mix wording for the reading materials. It is complicated and tough exam mostly used to weed out people who have multiple jobs or responsibilities who do not have the time to read and memorize the materials.
After obtaining a master’s degree, it is not the material which is difficult, it is the manner in which Google expects people to remember the data and apply it for the best fit principle which is tough. Overall, in life and in mobile design, there is more than one right answer, which pushes me to let people know it is okay to just go through the material and read and understand it. This is far more important that what the test projects as a result of learning the information.
That being said, I am going to go through some of the training and mark the important data points.
- When comparing mobile sites and general website, mobile websites are easier to build as they use only one language which is HTML.
- 75% of the website visitors will abandon the website if it takes more than 5 seconds to load.
- Page Weight – All resources which are required to build a website should be less than 1 MB in size. If the size is greater than that, it is better to compress or remove resources where possible.
- Take stock of the inventory of own assets and third-party assets on your pages.
- Measure the performance of each asset that is the value and its technical performance.
- Responsive Web design serves the same HTML code on the same URL regardless of the users’ device but can render the display differently based on the screen size.
Mobile web design and web applications go way beyond testing and take place between the producer and the user.