As we know, WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging platforms that lets its users text, share media, and even audio and video call with individuals or even groups. One of the main advantages of using WhatsApp is that it can be used from a laptop or a PC too. The company built a flawless method that allows all your messages on the phone to sync in with your computer. Users have the feature to access WhatsApp from both the phone and computer at the same time.
Ways to access WhatsApp from a PC
Basically, there are two ways in which one can access and use WhatsApp from their personal computer. You can choose the one which fits right with you.
The two ways are:
- WhatsApp Web: A browser-based application of WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp Desktop: A software that one can download onto their computer or laptop.
Here are the detailed steps which instruct how to use WhatsApp Web on your computer.
- Search for WhatsApp web on the internet.
- Click on the WhatsApp website.
- Now, head over to WhatsApp on your phone and click on WhatsApp web on the settings.
- Now, scan the QR code shown on the website through your phone.
- You’re all set to start texting and chatting on WhatsApp through your laptop.
Now, we went over how to use WhatsApp web on your laptop or computer. In case you prefer an application that can be opened directly, without accessing any browser, WhatsApp Desktop is the one for you.
Here’s how you can use Whatsapp Desktop.
- In your browser, search for WhatsApp Desktop download.
- Once you find the WhatsApp page, click on it.
- You’ll find a WhatsApp download page containing a downloadable file, mainly in .exe or .dmg format.
- Download the file.
- Once the download is complete, open the .exe or .dmg file, and install the application.
- Once the installation is done, enter your phone number on the application.
- WhatsApp desktop is now ready, and you can start texting from your laptop.