SEO as you know it has changed so much throughout the years.
Enterprises and medium sized companies started hiring SEO specialists in the mid 1990s. This was a time filled with keyword stuffing and manual submissions.
By 2004, it was pretty much evident for small companies and even startups that they needed to hire someone for their SEO goals thereby increasing the organic goals an increase traffic and sales.
SEO brings high value results as user intent is high.
6 SEO collaborations in Digital Marketing Teams
Nowadays, we find that digital teams and performance include core SEO tactics in their digital strategy as a must. SEO approach is more holistic and it collaborates with other disciplines on a day-to-day basis:
- Social Media Marketing: Your social media program must be in line with your SEO strategy in order to achieve full SEO benefits. Social shares can bring back traffic to your site and also be a judge on whether your social media strategy is working.
- Content Strategy: Content is king and the most important SEO asset. Most SEO budget relies on content creation. Defining a strong content strategy will not only life conversion and improve brand authority.
- Paid Search: Using SEO tactics and content marketing strategy improves the chances of tackling expensive keywords and gain organic traffic. Paid Search can not only help by collaborating with SEO teams by optimizing landing pages, mutual keywords and mutual content strategy. Having meeting between the paid search and SEO Teams not only helps in bringing out solution but also helps us break every challenge.
- Conversion: Combining SEO and conversion strategies can life up organic results. If you match the right content strategy with good user experience, you can bring about satisfied users to your funnel. Be sure to read heat maps, understand your users and test your UI occasionally.
- PR and Brand Mention: Online Reputation Management is another crucial step in SEO strategy. PR teams can easily collaborate with SEO teams as brand mentions can leverage online presence and search visibility.
- Website Developers: SEO need to work closely for web developers, in optimizing page speed, mobile first, technical audits, and knowledge sharing, as JS isn’t going away. Embrace new techniques and optimize for them.
SEO overlaps with so many disciplines within digital marketing. It is an evolving living and kicking thing, and every day we see new search opportunities. Be clear with your digital team and let them know what you’re doing and your next steps.