How to Do the On-page SEO Of a Website
For every SEO Campaign there needs to be a strong base, i.e. the website which needs a niche strategy, so if you want your website to succeed there needs to be certain SEO Steps which need to be followed for On-Page Optimization.
Website Page Errors:
- You firstly need to review your website for broken links or any redirects. Make a list of all the links that need to redirect and do it via the HTAccess file or via a CMS control panel.
- 404 errors need to be considered first, links which are redirected to broken pages, then it would be best to redirect it to the homepage.
- The other temporary page redirects need to be converted into 301 which will ensure your site is easier to crawl for both visitors and search engine bots.
Website URL Canonicalization:
- As a SEO Services Company in India, firstly for this, you require to make sure that there are not any duplicate URLs of any webpages, you need to make sure there is no non-www 301 redirects to the www version or vice versa.
- You need to also check the extension of website links to make sure there are no URL duplicates which show up. If there are any present then you also need to make sure that there is only one version for all URLs. Once they are found you can redirect it to the appropriate home page.
- You need to do a keyword research and make sure that the appropriate keyword which will fit in your content and fit into the image the website is showing to its target audience.
- It should mean that proper keyword research is done and the most niche market is targeted using these keywords.
- You need to select the proper keywords and apply it to the title, meta description, H1 and ALT tag. Title tag should be written more in a descriptive manner and should read like a sentence which will be probably read more naturally and probably be better for conversions as well.
- Meta description is not important in ranking the webpage, but it is read by searchers to better understand what a page is about, it can also be effectively used as a call to action for your product or service. As a SEO Services Company in Mumbai, H1 tags are used to improve user experience so use the target keywords on such tags and alt tags are used to optimize the website images as these can also link website to searches when relevant traffic is created via that channel.
Site Load Speed:
- Using Google Page Insight tool we can see how fast a webpage loads on the site, Google has given preferences for faster loading websites and has made tools to check the efficiency of the loading speed of your site.
- There are several tools which will create an XML Sitemap, the advantage of having this on the server it make it easier for search engine bots to know how many pages your site has and you can create one and place it in the root directory of your website.
Social Media Icons:
- For this, you need to link your social media accounts on facebook, twitter, linkedin, google plus which helps Googles bot to make a direct connection between the social media accounts and the website which will not only make a direct connection with your website’s social media pages, but it also helps user experience as it provides an extra layer of credibiliyu when searchers reach your webpage.
Content and Schema Markup:
- You need a copywriter to create content for your website, as this should be more than 500 words long for most important pages and will help both in conversion and search engine visibility.
- With regards to Schema Markup it is important for search engines to understand specific information about your site, and helps them display information correctly on result pages, it also helps Google list reviews and ratings right on the SERPs, it is essential that your site has some form of Schema markup implemented.
Website Structure and Architecture:
- There needs to be a structure which should be present on a website hierarchy, this not only creates and helps make logical connection between all the different pages on your website but also avoids creating orphan pages or a page that is not connected via navigation or any other page.
- Google bots find pages by following links, and a page that isn’t linked internally won’t be indexed on search engine.
Contact Information: This is an important part of the On-page SEO techniques for both search bots and user.
- Always list your contact number and e-mail address on your website irrespective if you are a local business or an e-commerce website as customers will want to get in touch.