While many people claim that PHP is learned through experience and projects, a certification certainly gives you an edge over others when seeking a raise or applying for a new job. It gives confidence to the employer that you have understood some level of the language and can work on more challenging projects. It is also an urge for your self, as certifications demand a good amount of studying and learning.
Zend Certified PHP Engineer
Zend certification is identified worldwide and is a great measure for ranking candidates for PHP roles. The exam is for experienced PHP programmers. Zend also manages classes at all levels to assist candidates to prepare for the exam
|Exam pattern||75 questions|
Multiple choice with a single right answer.
Multiple choice with more than one right answer.
Question for which answers have to be typed.
|Passing score||Zend gives only a ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ grade|
Re-exam (in case of failure)- $125
|Prerequisites||Basic knowledge of SQL |
- PHP Basics
- Data types and format
- Web features
- Strings and patterns
- Database and SQL
- Handling exceptions and errors.
PHP Certification from Udemy
As you must know that Udemy is an online learning tool. The course PHP for Beginners – Become a PHP Master – CMS Project is one of the most famous courses PHP courses on Udemy with around 18000 students enrolled in the course.
- This course includes:
- 37.5 hours of on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 23 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
You will get the certification after completion of the course. The PHP certificate provided by Udemy is widely accepted by all major organizations all over the globe.
W3Schools PHP Certification
This is a certificate for freshers and can give you a boost of knowledge. Although it may not serve as proof of your knowledge outside the company you work for, it will absolutely give you an advantage over others when you move teams in the same company.
|Exam Pattern||70 multiple-choice questions|
Candidates scoring more than 95% are given ‘excellency degree’ mention
|Prerequisites||Basic knowledge of MySQL (database), fundamentals of PHP|
- Installation and set-up
- Syntax, comments, variables, and print statement
- Data types, arrays, strings, numbers, constants
- Operators, control statements, switch loops.
- Form handling, validations
- Date/Time, basic I/O operations
- Basic OOP concepts
Sign up here
PHP Certification Course for Intermediate Learners
The course is a part of the 4-course web development series offered by the University of Michigan.
- Instructor based
- Self-paced learning
- Graded assignments
- Quizzes with feedback
- Monthly subscription
- Prerequisites: None
- Available in English
- Introductory knowledge about HTML, CSS, GET, POST
- Syntax and data structure of PHP, variables, arrays, functions, iterations, error handling, superglobal variables, forms.
- Installation of integrated PHP/SQL environment
Sign up here
PHP Developer Certification
This certification course teaches PHP right from scratch with loads of videos. You will even earn a badge of completion, which you will be able to use in your professional LinkedIn profile to showcase your achievement.
- 45 hours of videos, including 12 learning items
- Teaching language will be in English
- Programming algorithms and fundamentals
- Introduction to PHP, PHP & MySQL
- Adding dynamic content using Ajax
- MVC framework for building PHP web apps
- Basics of GitHub, PHPUnit
- Creating secure websites with PHP
Sign up here
PHP has been ranked as one of the top languages, especially for web development. It is a free and popular active scripting language. PHP and SQL is a powerful combination to get your dream job.